Chateau Relais de la Poste
Chateau Relais de la Poste Cuvee Malbec offers an amazing floral bouquet (violet) and fruity (black fruit, blueberry) notes. With a discreet woody undertone. Moreover we find these aromas on the palate, enhanced with a typical mineral touch.
Overall, the wine is dense and full-bodied, structured by young tannins that are still quite lively.
The DRODE Vineyards were built in 1758 at the same time as the Royal Route. Dotted with relays at that time that welcome tired travelers and allow horses to be changed.
The life of Relais de Poste is therefore punctuated by the arrival and departure of passengers and mail.
Therefore the house respects the architecture of the 18th century with a rectangular plan on two main levels, opened by bent bays in segment.
Its first owner, Jean Guichard, was Notary Royal from 1774 to 1816. Subsequently, it was still the home of successive mayors of Teuillac.
Some anecdotes decorate the history of this place:
– On July 31, 1808, Napoleon traveling from Bordeaux to Saintes, stopped at the Relais de la Poste. He supped with an egg and slipped away to join the Relais d’Etauliers, to the chagrin of all the notables of the sector who had come to honor him.
– On March 30, 1814, 250 men of General L’HUILLIER going to Cartelègue to fight against the Anglo-Spanish army which besieged Blaye, quartered in the courtyards of the Relais de la Poste.
The DRODE family bought the Relais de la Poste in 1985 : the 11 hectare vineyard was then sold exclusively in bulk. The estate is gradually enlarged and refurbished by Bruno Drode.
Today, a spacious and functional winery makes it possible to vinify and sell in bottles the production of 22 hectares in Côtes de Bourg and 2 hectares in Blaye Côtes de Bordeaux.
Chateau Relais de la Poste – Hay Wines
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.