Montes Sparkling Angel Brut
Montes Sparkling Angel Brut is bright straw-yellow in colour with a slightly golden tone. On the nose white flowers, fresh fruits and breadcrumbs combine with a subtle hazelnut aroma. The palate is well balanced with good acidity and a fine, crisp mousse. It is silky on the mid-palate with a fresh, fruity and persistent finish.
Montes was established in 1988 by Aurelio Montes, Douglas Murray, Alfredo Vidaurre and Pedro Grand, with the aim to produce the best wines in Chile from the best regions.
The Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon, first produced in 1987, broke the mould for premium wines in Chile. Since then, Alpha has gone from being a wine to being the core range in the Montes portfolio.
The grapes and sites are carefully selected in order to ensure varietal integrity and complexity. Viticulture is hands on and individual rather than mechanical and industrial.
The result is a range of wines that offer superb value within the premium wine market – whether from Chile or anywhere else.
- “Delicious, full-bodied, complex and creamy in the mid-palate, our Alpha Chardonnay is one of the few Chilean whites wines that will improve with age.
- The 1998 vintage was selected as ‘World Champion Chardonnay’ by Slow Food of Italy, after simultaneous tastings in 26 cities around the world, covered live by BBC-TV in London. Grapes are sourced from the renowned white wine area, Casablanca Valley.
- Fermented and aged in French oak barrels for one year; 40% of the wine undergoes secondary ‘malolactic fermentation’ to enhance buttery flavors. A monthly stirring of the wine orbatonage enhances flavor and aroma complexity.
The history of Montes seems like a dream, and that’s truly how it began, gradually becoming reality.
It was in 1987 that our two original founders, Aurelio Montes and Douglas Murray, both highly experienced wine professionals, wanted to realize their dream of producing Chilean wines a quantum-leap higher in quality than the standards of the time. Montes Wines
In 1988, they joined up with the other two founders, Alfredo Vidaurre and Pedro Grand, who brought their own complementary skills and expertise to the venture, thus Montes was born, at first under the name Discover Wine.
It was a dream come true for four great visionaries who succeeded in taking Montes wines from nowhere to more than 100 countries worldwide; by making ‘first growth’ wines respected and admired by the world’s critics and trade, and by drawing attention to what Chile was capable of producing.
After we created the first Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon – through hard work and passion – it didn’t take long to achieve recognition.
It was a mould-breaking wine that immediately raised the bar for other Chilean producers. Concentrated, complex and stylish, its success was
Montes Sparkling Angel Brut – Hay Wines
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
11 High Street, Ledbury, Herefordshire, HR8 1DS
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Breakages and Returns information.