Spanish Tortilla Wine Matching: a real Spanish comida
Today, we would like to suggest a 100% Spanish Food & Wine matching that can perfectly combine the warm & tasty flavours of this beautiful country.
Obviously, there are many ways to make an omelette but this one is a meal.
Indeed, Spanish tortilla has potatoes as its main vegetable, but then you can add whatever you want.
In the specific case of this recipe, we added sweetcorn, courgette and green pepper.
At the end of this article we highlight a proper Spanish tortilla wine matching, both for red & white wine lovers.
Spanish Tortilla Wine Matching & Recipe
Recipe from: All recipes UK, allrecipes.co.uk.
Smart tip: add chopped chilli, or tabasco, to give extra flavour.
Spanish Tortilla – Ingredients (2 servings)
- 4 eggs;
- 60ml milk;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- 60ml water;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped;
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced thinly;
- 1 vegetable stock cube;
- 1 medium courgette, sliced;
- 1 cob of sweetcorn, kernels removed;
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced;
- 125g Cheddar cheese, grated.
Spanish Tortilla – Method (preparation: 10 minutes; cooking: 25 minutes)
- beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside;
- heat the olive oil in a medium sized heavy frying pan over medium heat and fry the garlic and potato slices till coated, about 2 mins. Add the water and the stock cube and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes so that most of the water should have evaporated but there will still be a little water in the pan;
- pour in the egg mixture and arrange the courgette slices, pepper slices and sweetcorn kernels on top of the egg. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Check occasionally and if large bubbles have appeared in the tortilla break them up with a knife. Also run a blunt knife around the edges and move the frying pan around on the heat to make sure the cooking is even;
- once there are no more runny bits of the tortilla on the top, place the pan under a preheated grill for a few minutes to finish off the cooking. When the top has browned removed from the grill, let sit for a couple of minutes then serve in slices.
Comments are closed