Vegetarian korma & “Von Lehm” Gewurztraminer
This delicate Vegetarian korma is rich, creamy, mildly spiced and extremely flavourful. A fantastic curry able to please both you and your guests.
It has a fantastic aromatic intensity that can be beautifully paired with an aromatic and medium-bodied white wine.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
- 1 small onion, diced;
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh root ginger;
- 4 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2 potatoes, cubed;
- 4 carrots, cubed;
- 1 fresh green chilli, seeded and sliced;
- 3 tablespoons ground unsalted cashews;
- 100g passata or diced tomatoes;
- 2 teaspoons salt;
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons curry powder;
- 150g frozen garden peas;
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped;
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped;
- 225ml double cream;
- 1 bunch fresh coriander for garnish.
Method (preparation: 25 minutes; cooking: 30 minutes)
- heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking for 1 minute;
- mix potatoes, carrots, green chilli, cashews and passata. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender;
- stir peas, green pepper, red pepper and cream into the pan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes;
- garnish with coriander to serve.
Comments are closed