Domaine Millaire “Jean” Brut Rosé Méthode Traditionnelle
Domaine Millaire “Jean” Brut Rosé Méthode Traditionnelle, made from 100% Cabernet Franc grapes.
Traditional method sparkling wine, zero dosage.
Fine bubbles, nice fruit, balanced, crunchy, supple attack and good vinosity.
Jean-Yves Millaire and the history of his estate:
“It all started in 1950 when Jean Garnier my grandfather bought 6 Ha of vines in the communes of Saint Michel de Fronsac and Fronsac.
In 1979, the farm was rented for 18 years.
It was in January 1998 that I took over the family business.
Today joined by my wife, we operate 47 hectares divided into three different appellations: AOP Canon Fronsac – AOP Fronsac – AOP Bordeaux.
The Domaine Millaire “Jean” Brut Rosé Méthode Traditionnelle follows Vin de France appellation rules.”
From organic to biodynamic
Jean-Yves Millaire and the choice of biodynamics:
“Biodynamics is a cultivation method that goes much further than excluding the use of synthetic chemicals.
Its principles were defined in 1924 by Rudolf STEINER. It could be summed up in the following three points:
– the enhancement of the soil and the plant in its natural environment thanks to preparations made from plant, animal and mineral materials;
– the application of these preparations at specific times in the cycle of the year: this is the dynamic part. It recognizes in the earth, taken in the broad sense (bedrock, arable land, aerial environment) an organism in its own right. Thus, she acts like a doctor who would choose, to treat her patients, specific treatments using life forces;
– tillage by plowing and scratching.
All these activities are crucial for the Domaine Millaire “Jean” Brut Rosé Méthode Traditionnelle.
These treatments promote:
– improving the quality of the soil by the presence of a wide variety of bacteria;
– better rooting of the plant, with denser, more elongated roots;
– better development of leaves and flowers by providing the energy necessary for harmonious fruiting.
After having converted the vineyard to organic farming since 2006, we switched to Bio-Dynamie in 2009.
For us, this is a logical continuation of all our efforts undertaken in the vineyard for 11 years. It is above all the respect for the plant and its fruit, the magnificence of the terroir and the alchemy that operates with the surrounding nature that interests us, because the wine becomes alive and pure. Thus revealed, it awakens all our senses and it is this magic that we wish to share with you.”
Domaine Millaire “Jean” Brut Rosé Méthode Traditionnelle – Hay Wines
Returns and Exchanges
All goods should be examined upon receipt, and any claim for loss or breakage notified by email or telephone to Hay Wines immediately. In the case of goods delivered by couriers, unless any claim is made within 24 hours, no compensation, refund or other credit will be available. In the case of damaged goods, Hay Wines reserves the right to collect these.
Ship your items back to us
If you wish to return your order due to an error on our behalf, we are happy to collect or get our courier to collect from the delivery address stated on the invoice, providing the parcel is securely packed in the same way as it was sent out. If you wish to return the parcel yourself please feel free to do so. Once the parcel has returned to us we will refund you the full amount. Please note that refunds may take up to 7 working days to appear in your account.
For more information, view our full Terms and Conditions information.